Climate Solutions to Build a Better Alberta
Drawdown Alberta strives for implementation of the Project Drawdown climate solutions with and within communities to build a better Alberta.
Moving Climate Solutions Forward
Albertans of all ages, backgrounds and interests – wherever they live in the province – can help move climate solutions forward.
If you’re concerned about climate change but don’t know what you can do about it, knowledge and solutions already exist.
To implement the solutions, it’s a question of us working together.
The sooner we do this, the better for our province’s environment and economy, and our own health and well-being.
About Drawdown Alberta
Drawdown Alberta communicates to Albertans who are concerned about climate change. We provide information on how Project Drawdown solutions apply to Alberta, and what groups are already working to make those solutions a reality.
Sign up for updates from Drawdown Alberta
If you would like to learn more about Drawdown Alberta, its research and communications teams, or take part in one of our monthly orientations, please sign up here.
Add Your Community Event
Fill out the form to submit your event to the community calendar.
National Day for Truth and Reconciliation
September 30th is the National Day for Truth and Reconciliation. Here are some links to information that may be of interest to those wanting to learn more about Indigenous Peoples, Rights, Treaties, Residential Schools, the 94 Calls to Action of the Truth and Reconciliation Commission and the Calls for Justice from the National Inquiry into Missing and Murdered Indigenous Women and Girls.
- Canada’s National Centre for Truth and Reconciliation
- TRC calls to action
- Legacy of Hope foundation: The official foundation formed after the Truth and Reconciliation report was released.
- A video with timeline on Residential Schools
- Reclaiming Place: The Final Report of the National Inquiry into Missing and Murdered Indigenous Women and Girls.
- The Sixties Scoop Explained
- Basics about the history of treaty making in Canada
- Justice Murray Sinclair’s talk with Rosanna Deerchild on CBC
- Why September 30th? Visit Orange Shirt Day
- Indian Residential School Survivors Society
- UNDRIP full text
- Insight on 10 Myths about Indigenous Peoples